Monday, December 28, 2009

Doing what Nana does BEST!!!

Editor’s note:  Lori did this first part! (I refuse to be responsible…… but am guilty as charged!) 

GJB_7135 GJB_6880 GJB_7019

2009 CHRISTMAS/ NEW YEAR’S GREETINGS!

To all my dear friends and family!  I am hereby officially venturing into the new and unknown realm of blogging! 

My daughter, Lori, suggested that my Christmas card for this year could be “easily” (ha ha) handled on the blog that she created for me last July.  Unfortunately it has not been added to since….(because I have no idea how to blog and still don’t!) 

Lori, however, gave me a crash course while here at Christmas and I suspect the rest will be done with numerous calls to Reno and some help from Grant’s wife, Myra, who just posted her first attempts at blogging…..(and she even managed to have snow falling through her pictures!  WOW …… How do you do that???!!!)

Anyway……here goes……I hope you enjoy my unprofessional, futile attempts and at least realize how much I love you and hope that  your Christmas was absolutely marvelous and the coming year is even more so!  My love and best wishes to EVERYONE!

*********

I suppose that I should start with myself (but don’t expect more pictures…….the ones above are incriminating enough!)

I just received my certificate for having worked ten years as a receptionist at the Missionary Training Center Health Clinic.  It has been a thrill to be able to be a part of the missionary program by welcoming and caring for the fine young men and women of church who carry the message of the gospel throughout the face of the land.  Many of YOUR children have added greatly to this exciting privilege!  I have no plans to retire at the moment, which indicates how much I am enjoying my work…..(and the pay check).

My present calling in the church is the absolute best calling EVER!  For over a year I have had the privilege of transcribing the Patriarchal blessings for our Stake Patriarch, Jae R. Ballif.  I was able to do this for several years while living in Missouri, so this has become a double blessing for me.  I love the special spirit this brings to my life and hope to be able to continue with this calling forever!

My spare time is spent enjoying the grand children, trying to schedule in a weekly visit to the temple, attending church functions, hitting the dollar movie theater with friends, reading, keeping my scrapbooking current and working on genealogy! This keeps me busy enough with full-time work in the equation.

Last August I invested in a “pop-up” camp trailer and hope to entice more visits from the out of state kids so my life can continue to be filled with family gatherings. 

Traveling to births, baptisms, ordinations and school functions tend to keep a Nana busy and involved also.

My life is full and happy and I’m hoping for many years ahead to accomplish all my hopes and aspirations….(I’m I’m a slow learner and my genealogy will take at least 100 more years!)